- energy system analysis
- market design and capacity mechanisms
- security of supply in the electricity sector
- modeling of uncertainties (power prices, fuel prices and volatile wind power feed-in)
in energy economics via stochastic processes
- price and load forecasting
- power plant evaluation under uncertainty via stochastic programming
- risk management and quantitative modeling
- lecture "Energy Trading and Risk Management"
- lecture "Quantitative Methods for Energy Economics"
- lecture "Energy Markets"
- supervision of diploma and master thesis
- seminar "New developments and modeling in European energy markets"